The #PoDojo is the “place of the way” to practice how to make an impact by solving real customer problems
At the 3 day Product Dojo for product creators you will be hands-on from the first moment to power up your skills in finding products customers love. While navigating the way from initial idea to validated product, you will be applying the frameworks Design Thinking, Scrum and Lean Startup, including tools like Value Proposition Design, interviewing, creative techniques for idea generation and User Story Mapping. The 3 days go far beyond and include the Scrum Alliance certficate for Product Owners (CSPO).
- Apply techniques for customer and product discovery to find a solution that fits your customers’ needs.
- Learn how to design, validate and pitch a compelling product vision.
- Experience team dynamics in gamified Lean and Agile product development exercises.
- Apply what you have learned to move an idea one step further towards delivering a product customers love.
- Network with your product creator peers.
- Leave the Product Dojo well equipped with the latest cutting-edge toolkit designed to help you create products customers love.
Who is this for?
The Product Dojo is for anyone who wants to lead in product development, e.g. Product Managers or Product Owners but also people contributing to making products customers love like UX Designers, Scrum Masters or Agile Coaches who want to extend their toolbox with the methods from product discovery. The style of the workshop is highly interactive so be prepared to leave your comfort zone. The experience level in Lean and Agile product development is ideally one year or higher.
Day 1: Create the Space
- Design Thinking: Explore user needs within an iterative approach, learn to empathize with users using interviewing techniques, ideate and prototype to validate assumptions
- Product discovery and agile planning: Value Proposition Design, User Stories and Story Mapping
- Scrum in action: Experience roles, artifacts, team dynamics and flow
Day 2: Explore the Space
- Personal Business Model Canvas: The Product Owner as a service in a networked organization
- From idea to product: Lean Startup, Product Discovery and Visioning, Story Mapping, User Story Writing and Release Planning, Value-Driven Development in Sprints
Day 3: The Product Launchpad
- Pitch your vision and go for a ride, applying the concepts and tools you learned
- Get coached/mentored working on an idea you choose
The course includes the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner. After completing the course you will be registered with the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) with no additional effort or cost required. In addition you are eligible to apply for 21 PMP PDUs with the Project Management Institute, satisfying 21 of the required training hours for the new PMI-ACP (PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner.)
How to find us
The Product Dojo takes place at Alte Kantine Wedding, Uferhallen Kulturwerkstatt, Uferstrasse 8-11, Berlin
The registration fee enables you full access to the #PoDojo learning journey that starts directly after sign up with access to our chat in Slack. You can pay either via invoice, direct debiting or credit card. VAT/turnover tax will be charged based on EU regulations. If you need advice how this works in detail, do not hesitate to email us. By cancellation we will refund you according to the following: More than four weeks before the Product Discovery Dojo starts 100% of the price paid, four to one week before the Dojo starts 50% of the price paid and cancellation after this timeframe or “no show” we offer no refund. Substitutions are accepted at any time. If there is a need to cancel or postpone the event you will be notified no later than four weeks prior to the Product Dojo and all registration payments will be refunded promptly or an alternative will be offered.
To get a deeper understanding about the learning experience you can expect, check this blog post of a former participant that supported the #PoDojo as a coach. Read here about our thoughts when designing the learning experience. Or have a look on images of our latest workshops in Berlin and Zurich. If you need some consulting in advance to check whether this training might be the right one for you, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.